New discoveries and technology in forensic science are driving the field to take an increasingly larger role in the criminal justice process. At the same time, the field is facing more regulation and oversight. So it's crucial that administrators charged with leading crime labs, private labs, and crime scene investigation (CSI) departments know how to manage them effectively.
Opportunities exist and are growing for individuals working in law enforcement who want to move into CSI administration or better understand how law enforcement and forensic science interact, as well as forensic scientists who want to advance up the career ladder.
A sample of job opportunities for those with an investigations background includes:
- Crime Scene Division Commander/Supervisor
- Law Enforcement Commander/Supervisor
- Detective Bureau Commander/Supervisor
- Forensic Evidence Technician/Supervisor
- Homicide Detective
- Corporate Investigations
A sample of job opportunities for those with a scientific background includes:
- Crime Laboratory Director
- Forensic Quality Assurance Manager
- Forensic DNA/Serology Supervisor
- Forensic Laboratory Section Head
- Latent Print Director
- Coroner's/Medical Examiner Investigator
- Crime Scene Analyst/Supervisor
Learn more about the career opportunities open to you with the Forensic Science Administration specialization of the Master's in Criminal Justice Administration: Request more information today.