Master of Science in Nursing Online


Read the video transcript here

If you have earned a BSN and are looking for a Master of Science in Nursing program, this degree is for you.

For busy nursing professionals ready to take their career to the next level, Loyola University New Orleans offers a fully online Master of Science in Nursing (MSN).

Loyola's School of Nursing prepares nurses for nursing leadership positions through its MSN degree with a specialization in Health Care Systems Management.

Our Master of Science in Nursing program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc., 3343 Peachtree, Road NE, Suite 500, Atlanta, GA 30326, (404) 975-5000.

Targeted Curriculum

The Health Care Systems Management (HCSM) specialization of the MSN degree is focused on the knowledge and skills needed to succeed in a variety of nursing leadership positions in health care organizations. The program educates you in Nursing Administration, Management, Leadership, Finance, Quality Assurance, Health Promotion, Disease Prevention/Management, Integrated Delivery Systems, Managed Care Strategies, and Workforce Management.

Our MS in Nursing prepares nurses like you for the most challenging new roles in today's rapidly changing managed care environment. Our targeted curriculum will prepare you to be a leader in the field of nursing.

View our curriculum

Why Earn a Master of Science in Nursing from Loyola University New Orleans?

  • Our Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) and the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
  • The degree is taken in a fully online format, but you earn a Master of Science in Nursing from a traditional regionally and ACEN-accredited school
  • Loyola University's School of Nursing is ranked among the top 10 largest online graduate programs by U.S. News & World Report (2013)
  • Loyola ranked among the Top 10 Best Online Graduate Nursing Programs and continues to be the highest ranked Jesuit school designated with top rankings
    • 3rd in Student Engagement and Accreditation
    • 6th in Overall Best Online Graduate Nursing program
    • 8th in Student Services and Technology
  • Loyola has a 30-year history of providing targeted education to RNs
  • Our programs are 100% online to accommodate your busy schedule
  • Flexible coursework allows you to study part-time whenever it's convenient for you
  • Opportunity for professional certification at the end of your degree program
  • A dedicated staff of talented faculty and instructors
  • Access to one of the most prestigious academic libraries in the country
  • Personal Support center and Help Desk 24 x 7
  • Competitively priced tuition and financial assistance opportunities

Our students in the Master of Science in Nursing program benefit from diverse course content; all of which adheres to standards identified by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing, the American Organization of Nurse Executives, and the Standards of Practice for Case Managers (1995) published by the Case Management Society of America.

Outstanding MSN Faculty

Of current courses taught by fulltime faculty, 89% hold a doctoral degree and the remaining 11% are enrolled in a doctoral degree program. All faculty have expertise in their field.

Click here to learn more about our faculty.

MSN-HCSM Career Paths

The online MSN-HCSM program prepares you with the knowledge and skills needed to succeed in a variety of nursing leadership positions in health care organizations, including:

  • Care Coordinator
  • Case Manager
  • Nurse Consultant
  • Nurse Executive
  • Nurse Manager
  • Outcomes Manager
  • Product Line Manager

Click here to learn more about possible nursing careers.

Certification Exams

Graduates will be prepared to sit for the American Nurses Association Certification Exam in Nursing Executive, Advanced and/or the Commission for Case Manager Certification Exam.

BLEND Program

An RN who has a non-nursing bachelor's degree may be admitted to Loyola's Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) program. To be admitted to the MSN program, the RN must complete Loyola's BLEND Program.